1. NO PURCHASE OR CONTRIBUTION IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE OR CONTRIBUTION WILL NOT IMPROVE AN INDIVIDUAL’S CHANCES OF WINNING. To participate without contribution into any of the contest, use the free entry form here or you may pick up a free entry form at KKJZ, 1500 Cotner Avenue, Los Angeles, California 90025 during normal business hours (Monday - Friday, 9AM - 5PM). You will be entered into all contests that are open when your free entry form is received.
2. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received and/or the number of contestants participating in the contest.
3. Participants and winners must be legal residents of California, at least eighteen (18) years or older, unless otherwise specified in a particular contest, and they must have a valid California ID and US social security number as of the date and time of entering any contest. Winners acknowledge that if they enter any Global Jazz, Inc. or KKJZ Fundraising, Inc. contest under a fraudulent name and/or social security number, they will automatically be disqualified from the contest and any future contests on KKJZ 88.1 FM, www.jazzandblues.org, or any other station or website affiliated with Global Jazz, Inc. or KKJZ Fundraising, Inc.
4. Only one (1) entry per person per contest. Only one (1) entry per household per contest. Winners are not eligible to participate in any Global Jazz, Inc. or KKJZ Fundraising, Inc. contest or sweepstakes for a period of sixty (60) calendar days from the date of qualifying for or winning a contest or sweepstakes conducted or sponsored by Global Jazz, Inc. or KKJZ Fundraising, Inc.
5. Employees of Global Jazz, Inc., KKJZ Fundraising, Inc., their affiliates, their representatives, the contest’s participating sponsors and their underwriting/advertising agencies, employees of any other broadcast company serving Southern California, and members of the immediate families of such persons and any individuals who have been employed by Global Jazz, Inc. or KKJZ Fundraising, Inc. in the sixty (60) calendar day period immediately preceding the effective date of the contest are ineligible to participate or win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, domestic partners, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
6. All prizes must be accepted as awarded. Prizes are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. Winners must redeem the prize within seven (7) calendar days after notification of winning, unless otherwise specified at the time of winning or unless specified for a particular contest. If a winner fails to redeem the prize within seven (7) calendar days, the winner forfeits the prize and no other prize will be awarded in its place. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified, Global Jazz, Inc. and/or KKJZ Fundraising, Inc. reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or to not award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion. Global Jazz, Inc. and/or KKJZ Fundraising, Inc. retains the right to substitute a prize with another similar prize of equal or greater value in the event the original prize offered is not available due to circumstances beyond its control. All prizes to be awarded within one hundred fifty (150) calendar days after the end of any contest, unless otherwise noted by the particular contest. All prizes involving tickets to an event or concert will be provided to the winner up through and including the day or night of the event or concert. KKJZ 88.1 FM reserves the right to leave tickets for an event or concert at will call at the event or concert and to change how the tickets will be left from mail to will call or will call to mail at any time. For all giveaways that occur within two (2) weeks of an event or concert, KKJZ 88.1 FM may require the winner to pick up their tickets in person at the KKJZ 88.1 FM office.
7. Delivery of prizes: All prizes will be delivered to winners via United States Mail service, unless otherwise noted. No mailings to P.O. boxes. Global Jazz, Inc. and KKJZ Fundraising, Inc. are not responsible for any lost, stolen, misdirected or damaged mail. Prizes lost or damaged in mailing will not be replaced.
8. Payment of taxes and related expenses: Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize which are not expressly included as part of the prize.
9. Required documentation: Winners of prizes with a fair market value of $600 or greater must execute and return an IRS Form W-9 and an affidavit of eligibility and liability release, as well as any additionally required forms, and must provide a photocopy of a legal document showing California residence and a photocopy of a legal document showing the winner’s social security number within seven (7) calendar days after receiving such forms or the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries. Winners agree to accept the estimate of fair market value of the prize.
Winners of prizes with a fair market value of less than $600 may be requested to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability release and provide a photocopy of a legal document showing California residence and a photocopy of a legal document showing the winner’s social security number. Where such forms are requested, winners must execute and return such forms and documents within seven (7) calendar days after receiving the forms or the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries. Global Jazz, Inc. and KKJZ Fundraising, Inc. require proof of each winner’s own social security number before a prize can be sent to the winner. Prizes will be mailed within ninety (90) calendar days after they have been awarded, unless otherwise noted.
10. For contests with prizes involving travel: The winner and his/her guest(s), if any, agree to accept the travel dates specified in the contest. If the winner cannot travel on such dates, the prize will be forfeited. Winners agree to accept all blackout dates, space availability requirements, etc. established by Global Jazz, Inc. and KKJZ Fundraising, Inc.’s prize partner(s), such as hotels, airlines, trains, ships, etc. Winners and his/her guest(s) that accept any trip as a prize from Global Jazz, Inc. or KKJZ Fundraising, Inc. do so entirely upon their own initiative, risk, and responsibility. If the trip requires traveling outside of the United States, winner, upon winning the prize, must have a valid US passport. If winner does not have a valid US passport upon winning the prize, the trip may be forfeited. Where a prize allows for the winner to take guests, the guests must be eighteen (18) years of age or older except where the winner is the parent or legal guardian of the accompanying guest(s). The winner’s guest(s) (parent or legal guardian, if a guest is a minor) also must complete an affidavit of eligibility and liability release, which must be returned with the winner’s affidavit of eligibility and liability release within seven (7) calendar days of receipt of the forms or the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be randomly selected from the remaining eligible entries. No alternate guest(s) may be substituted once the winner’s guest(s) complete the required paperwork. The winner and his/her guest(s) are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documentation. The winner and his/her guest(s) are solely responsible for all costs not expressly included in a prize including, without limitation, any applicable taxes, license fees, additional tours, additional transportation, fuel surcharges, currency charges, all meals, beverages, room service, gratuities, merchandise, medical services, additional lodging, replacement of any lost items, optional travel insurance, etc. If airfare is included as part of a prize, airfare will be provided from Los Angeles International Airport, unless otherwise specified in a contest. If any part of the trip's itinerary does not take place as planned, for any reason, beyond the control of Global Jazz, Inc., including but not limited to, cancellation, scheduling conflicts, political conflicts or war or an event of force majeure, the remaining components of the prize will be awarded and Global Jazz, Inc.’s obligation to the winner will be fulfilled, and no other additional compensation will be provided.
11. Release of liability: All winners and their guests, by acceptance of any prize, agree to release and hold forever harmless Global Jazz, Inc., KKJZ Fundraising, Inc. and their affiliated prize partners, their affiliated companies, their agents, officers, employees, affiliates and assigns for any injuries, accidents, misfortunes, or causes of action arising from or in connection with participation in any contest, acceptance of any prize, use of any prize, or while traveling to or from any prize related activity.
12. If a concert, other ticketed event, gift certificate or coupon has been awarded as a prize and the concert, event, place of business, or product is postponed, rained out, cancelled or for other reasons beyond our control does not occur or continue to exist, Global Jazz, Inc. and KKJZ Fundraising, Inc. will not be responsible for replacing the prize. To the extent that any prize consists of airline tickets and/or hotel reservations, Global Jazz, Inc. and KKJZ Fundraising, Inc. are not responsible for any cancellation, postponement, lost ticket or overbooking.
13. Global Jazz, Inc. and KKJZ Fundraising, Inc. have the sole discretion to terminate a contest at any given time or extend the dates of a contest. Global Jazz, Inc. and KKJZ Fundraising, Inc. retain the right to amend these rules at any time for any reason.
14. Global Jazz, Inc. and KKJZ Fundraising, Inc. reserve the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value upon notice or change to the contest rules. Any ties, disputes, conflicts, questions or concerns regarding Global Jazz, Inc. and KKJZ Fundraising, Inc.’s contests and/or their associated prizes will be handled by the Director of Marketing for Global Jazz, Inc. and KKJZ Fundraising, Inc., whose decisions are final and indisputable.
15. Choice of law: These rules and all contests are governed by and controlled by the laws of the State of California, applicable to contracts made and performed therein without reference to the applicable choice of law provisions. All actions, proceedings or litigation relating hereto will be instituted and prosecuted solely within the State of California, Los Angeles County. The parties consent to the jurisdiction of the state courts of California and the federal courts located with such state and county with respect to any action, dispute or other matter pertaining to or arising out of these rules and all contests.
16. Specific types of contests:
On-the-air contests: For on-air giveaway contests, the contest will begin as soon as the announcer announces on-air the number of the caller necessary to win the contest. For example, if the announcer states that the 105th caller will be the winner, the contest will begin as soon as this announcement is made.
Calls for participants are taken in the order that they are received. In the event that more than one voice is heard on the telephone line, the winner will be the first person to speak. If the judge(s) is not able to determine which caller was first, a random drawing will be held to determine the winner. All persons that call in for on-air giveaways must be available by telephone at the number left on the Global Jazz, Inc. contest line. If a participant is selected by the announcer but does not answer the telephone, they will be disqualified and the next numerical participant will be designated the winner. If winners are announced on-air and are told to call back within a certain amount of time to claim a prize, they must call the announced Global Jazz, Inc. contest line to claim the prize. If the time lapses, the winner will be disqualified and another participant will be selected to win the prize. Global Jazz, Inc. and KKJZ Fundraising, Inc. are not responsible for any telephone or cellular telephone malfunctions during the course of any contest. Global Jazz, Inc. and KKJZ Fundraising, Inc. do not assume any liability for faulty, mistranscribed, misdirected/misdialed telephone communications or technical difficulties experienced by callers throughout the call-in portion of any contest. Please note that for listeners listening to the KKJZ 88.1 on-line stream at jazzandblues.org, there may be a delay between what is heard on-air and the broadcast heard through the web stream. All on-air contests are based on the timing of when a listener is directed to call in through an on-air transmission, and not when it is heard through the internet stream.
Mail/facsimile contests: To enter a contest via mail or facsimile, participants must complete all the information deemed necessary to declare a winner. Only one entry per person will be accepted unless otherwise specified on the air or in separate contest rules. Winning entry(s) will be drawn at random from all valid entries received. Global Jazz, Inc. and KKJZ Fundraising, Inc. are not responsible for late, misdirected, lost or mutilated mail, entry forms or faxes. No liability is assumed for any malfunction of computer equipment, fax machine equipment or fax machine telephone lines. If entry is illegible or does not supply all information deemed necessary to declare a winner, the entry will be deemed invalid and another entry will be selected.
Internet contests: To enter a contest on one of Global Jazz, Inc.’s websites, participants must complete all the information deemed necessary to declare a winner. Global Jazz, Inc. and KKJZ Fundraising, Inc. do not assume any liability for any malfunction of the internet or individual computer systems. Only one entry per person for each contest. Winning entry(s) will be randomly selected from all valid entries received. If an entry is illegible or does not supply all information deemed necessary to declare a winner, the entry will be deemed invalid and another entry will be selected. When entering a contest via an advertiser’s web banner or logo hyperlink, Global Jazz, Inc. and KKJZ Fundraising, Inc. are not responsible for prize fulfillment or any aspect of the contest. Global Jazz, Inc. and KKJZ Fundraising, Inc. are simply a “link” to that advertiser’s site.
NO PURCHASE OR CONTRIBUTION IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
To request a copy of these official rules and/or a list of winners after a contest ends, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Contest Rules [and/or] Winner Names, [include the name of the contest], KKJZ, c/o Marketing Director, P.O. Box 251469, Los Angeles, CA 90025.